It was back in elementary when I met the first guy that I figured was my everything. I could remember dreaming about him. He was the cutest thing walking the playground. I can remember writing down in my diary and describing every little baby muscle that I notice about him, how I enjoyed watching him play basketball, and how I loved it when he wore that white tank top. Yea, it was puppy love.
The thing about this whole situation is that I don't even remember how we actually became an item. But it did happen and we was one of the "known" couples in my elementary. Now some people may be thinking "Wow, elementary...does that even count?" Well growing up in West Oakland and attending Prescott Elementary it definitely did. I remember hearing stories of little girls and boys doing "the nasty" on the roof, in the traffic storage room, etc. I recall friends of minds cutting (yes, cutting in elementary) school to go to the store for black n milds and hot cheetos. Kind of ridiculous huh? Well anyways so me and my lil...lets call him Larry. So, Larry and I was kind of an odd couple. He was sort of a lil bad boy and I LOVED IT. I was always a smart little girl. Some would call "super square." So the fact that we was an item was kind of odd. Anyways, the most that I remember is that we used to talk on the phone a lot. I remember being in the 5th grade and sneaking to stay on the phone with him til 2am (getting caught only once). Larry would also come to my house and call out for me. My mom hated that I liked him so much. I would tell my mom that I'm going to a friends house, but in reality I was going to see him.
It lasted for, I actually don't know. But I do know that til this day everyone remembers the relationship between Raven and Larry. We ended on bad terms (basically something I said got back to him, but was totally taken out of context...well thats what I think occured) and I always hated that. When we went to junior high together we didn't even talk :( I recall us having a few small conversations over the years, and I was always happy when we did. Until, one time (I think this was my freshman year in college) we talked on the phone (only because I asked his cousin to tell him to call me, I know...just sad). I was reading him a paper that I had wrote in which I mentioned him. The paper was about my sexual self. It explained how my relationship with him taught me something about my "sexual self." Word gets back to me about a couple of weeks later, that he had me on speakerphone the entire conversation!! HOW F*CKED UP!! Well you know, sh*t happens!!
The thing about this whole situation is that I don't even remember how we actually became an item. But it did happen and we was one of the "known" couples in my elementary. Now some people may be thinking "Wow, elementary...does that even count?" Well growing up in West Oakland and attending Prescott Elementary it definitely did. I remember hearing stories of little girls and boys doing "the nasty" on the roof, in the traffic storage room, etc. I recall friends of minds cutting (yes, cutting in elementary) school to go to the store for black n milds and hot cheetos. Kind of ridiculous huh? Well anyways so me and my lil...lets call him Larry. So, Larry and I was kind of an odd couple. He was sort of a lil bad boy and I LOVED IT. I was always a smart little girl. Some would call "super square." So the fact that we was an item was kind of odd. Anyways, the most that I remember is that we used to talk on the phone a lot. I remember being in the 5th grade and sneaking to stay on the phone with him til 2am (getting caught only once). Larry would also come to my house and call out for me. My mom hated that I liked him so much. I would tell my mom that I'm going to a friends house, but in reality I was going to see him.
It lasted for, I actually don't know. But I do know that til this day everyone remembers the relationship between Raven and Larry. We ended on bad terms (basically something I said got back to him, but was totally taken out of context...well thats what I think occured) and I always hated that. When we went to junior high together we didn't even talk :( I recall us having a few small conversations over the years, and I was always happy when we did. Until, one time (I think this was my freshman year in college) we talked on the phone (only because I asked his cousin to tell him to call me, I know...just sad). I was reading him a paper that I had wrote in which I mentioned him. The paper was about my sexual self. It explained how my relationship with him taught me something about my "sexual self." Word gets back to me about a couple of weeks later, that he had me on speakerphone the entire conversation!! HOW F*CKED UP!! Well you know, sh*t happens!!
I was wondering when this happened LOL. At the beginning of your post I was thinking 'we weren't into boys' but then it was the 5th grade so it's okay. Miss u, Raven!
ReplyDelete