OMG! Today is a perfect reminder of exactly how I am feeling about life at this moment. We work really hard to plan for our life. Well, let me speak for myself. I do a lot of planning. Its really hard for me not to. Although, in helping with my depression, I have worked really hard to live day to day. Not worrying about the future,because I cannot concern myself with the unknown. I think its a true balance with living everyday and also, staying open and having some room for flexibility.
Today, I woke up with a plan. I had even dreamed of this plan. I was going to get to the laundry by 6:30a, go to Zumba at 9am, then go to target to get me a blender, then take the bus to Farmer Joe's for my 5 day detox nutrition. SO, I got up this morning, made it to the laundry, then realized I left my wallet at home. I put my clothes in the machines, and ran back home. I searched my house up and down and could not find it. I remember having too much stuff in my hands yesterday while biking (including my dog) so its very possible I just lost it. I checked my account and no activity. SO, I searched again. Eventually, I chopped it up as a lost. As distraught as I felt, I pushed myself to continue on. I searched for some change, and managed to find about $7. Bought me 2 bananas, and decided to make the $7 work for me today.
After I left Jamaica, I was left with a feeling of uncertainty. Jamaica really showed me another way of life. Another way of thinking. If I had a dollar for every time one of my Jamaican homies said "you worry to much". I always knew it was another way of living outside of the way I have been living as an American. However, Jamaica was the first time I had seen it with my own eyes. Being exposed to what it means to be poor in Jamaica just had me questioning how I live. I embraced the simple life that the folks had. I opened myself up to feel all the love that was around me. I was honored for my friend to take me to his home that he built with his hands. I just love the vibe of the people. The Black people. They were everywhere! And they were all so beautiful.
So, I got home...and boom! Instant clash at work. And Boom! Instant clash with someone I've been seeing. It was very unsettling. I am also very new to this vacation thing. So, I now know it is not good to go from a vacation, directly into work; one must wind down. And I did not give myself that time...so it just all caught up with me and I yelled out "TIME OUT! I NEED A TIME OUT"
So, I let all of my loved ones know that I was going to be taking some time to myself. To do some thinking. If I had a dollar every time some one said to me "Raven, you think too much" LOL...I first would have to agree and then I'll be a rich woman.
I figured I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts. I just did not want people asking me hecka questions, and then me giving all the answers because I am an open person. Sometimes I over expose myself. I leave myself open for judgement because I am so forthcoming.
In my time alone...what do I plan to do? I plan to:
Detox (once I get some money! lol)
Meditation
Identify wants- write them out, non-negotiables in life
Read
How long is this? Sh*t I have no idea.
I really did think I had a plan about this life stuff. Right now, What do I know? I know that I am young, single, attractive, gainfully employed, no children, able-bodied, educated, caring, willing to love, critical thinker, goddess in training...etc....all of these things give me so many different opportunities. "The world is my oyster." I have it at my disposal. I can literally do ANYTHING I want.
Sometimes having all that power, can clam you up...
WWJD?
Today, I woke up with a plan. I had even dreamed of this plan. I was going to get to the laundry by 6:30a, go to Zumba at 9am, then go to target to get me a blender, then take the bus to Farmer Joe's for my 5 day detox nutrition. SO, I got up this morning, made it to the laundry, then realized I left my wallet at home. I put my clothes in the machines, and ran back home. I searched my house up and down and could not find it. I remember having too much stuff in my hands yesterday while biking (including my dog) so its very possible I just lost it. I checked my account and no activity. SO, I searched again. Eventually, I chopped it up as a lost. As distraught as I felt, I pushed myself to continue on. I searched for some change, and managed to find about $7. Bought me 2 bananas, and decided to make the $7 work for me today.
After I left Jamaica, I was left with a feeling of uncertainty. Jamaica really showed me another way of life. Another way of thinking. If I had a dollar for every time one of my Jamaican homies said "you worry to much". I always knew it was another way of living outside of the way I have been living as an American. However, Jamaica was the first time I had seen it with my own eyes. Being exposed to what it means to be poor in Jamaica just had me questioning how I live. I embraced the simple life that the folks had. I opened myself up to feel all the love that was around me. I was honored for my friend to take me to his home that he built with his hands. I just love the vibe of the people. The Black people. They were everywhere! And they were all so beautiful.
So, I got home...and boom! Instant clash at work. And Boom! Instant clash with someone I've been seeing. It was very unsettling. I am also very new to this vacation thing. So, I now know it is not good to go from a vacation, directly into work; one must wind down. And I did not give myself that time...so it just all caught up with me and I yelled out "TIME OUT! I NEED A TIME OUT"
So, I let all of my loved ones know that I was going to be taking some time to myself. To do some thinking. If I had a dollar every time some one said to me "Raven, you think too much" LOL...I first would have to agree and then I'll be a rich woman.
I figured I just wanted to be alone with my thoughts. I just did not want people asking me hecka questions, and then me giving all the answers because I am an open person. Sometimes I over expose myself. I leave myself open for judgement because I am so forthcoming.
In my time alone...what do I plan to do? I plan to:
Detox (once I get some money! lol)
Meditation
Identify wants- write them out, non-negotiables in life
Read
How long is this? Sh*t I have no idea.
I really did think I had a plan about this life stuff. Right now, What do I know? I know that I am young, single, attractive, gainfully employed, no children, able-bodied, educated, caring, willing to love, critical thinker, goddess in training...etc....all of these things give me so many different opportunities. "The world is my oyster." I have it at my disposal. I can literally do ANYTHING I want.
Sometimes having all that power, can clam you up...
WWJD?

Comments
Post a Comment