Skip to main content

"Ask and It is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks

Sitting in my house...listening to music, while laying in my fresh skin for about 4 hours right now.  Just thinking about how bored I am.  Well really, how I wish I had some medicinal and could fall straight to sleep.  Its been about 5 days since I have had proper rest.  If you know me, like really know me, then you would know....its like 8 days til my birthday! And I am a birthday fanatic...So, I think the combination of being super excited about turning 30, plus my upcoming SunFest with my family, plus going out of the country for the first time is just WAAAAAYYYY too much excitement for the young Raven Willoughby (wait, did she just refer to herself in the third person? and is she continuing to do so? okay, lol...blame the lack of proper rest) Anyways...I'm like, Raven (there it goes again lol) snap out of it! Bored! Really there should be no such thing.  There is always something that you or I could be doing with our time to be productive.  So, I wrote in my journal...and now I decided to hop on my blog.  I am like hella blogs behind anyways.  Okay, let me jump into what this blog is really about.





Okay, so on my reading list was the book "Ask and It is Given".  It is written by a couple, well technically, it is written by the couples' (well the wife's) spiritual guardians Abraham.  I use the plural, because although Abraham refers to the singular, the spirit is plural.  I know, deep right! lol.  So it starts with the wife Esther who is seeking some spiritual guidance.  After much practice with meditation, she finally becomes more in tune with her elevated self.

What drove me to this book? Good question...lol...well recently I was visited by my spirit guardian the Panther.  This has also been my year to get more in touch my higher self.  I do believe very much so that we all are connected to the greater power.  Call it God, call it Allah, call it Jah, call it the Creator.  We all are apart of a spiritual energy which makes us above this human experience.  

"Ask and it is Given" talks a lot about how to become more in tune with this energy.  Because tapping into one's spiritual source, allows for a plethora of possibilities.  There is no limit.  But one must be ready to first..Ask...and then Receive! I am learning everyday about my Goddess. and learning to use my powers to propel myself to my true happiness.  What I learned is the power of the mind.  This book, as many others, talks about the Law of Attraction.  Our thoughts are very powerful.  If you think positive, then therefore things will be.  If you think negative, therefore things would be.  One person who I know truly lives by this mantra is my sister.  You cannot tell her that she is not a hot A-List actor.  I first used to think she was living in dreamland.  Now I am chasing after her, trying to join her in that land.

I will list some quotables below,...but the moral of the story is...We are spiritual beings living a human experience.  The spirit is greater than the body.  Don't lose site of your source energy.  Be aware of your thoughts.  You want change, you gotta start with self first!

"you came from a source of love and well being"

"you are the creator of your own reality"

"when you are consciously aware of your own thoughts & you are deliberately offering them, then you are the deliberate creator of your own reality"

next book is: "Basic Brown. My life and Our Times." By Willie Brown.  Why? Because they F'N named the Bay Bridge after my guy! Willie Brown is the man when it comes to California politics.  I so admire his swagger, his expertise, and his ability to remain relevant in politics as a Black man. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and just like that, I am a Mother!

First day home! And finally the day has come. Magnus Baimarro Barley was born on New Year's Day! What better way to start the new year! Magnus entered this world on January 1, 2019 at 12:13 EST. He weighed 6.36 pounds and measured at 19 3/4 inches. Magnus is literally everything I could never imagine. And this is the story of how he entered the world... Ever since I hit 38 weeks, I became more and more anxious about his arrival. I literally was dreaming about it constantly. I would constantly wake up in the morning hoping my bed was wet from my water breaking. It had seriously become an obsession. Not only an obsession, but also causing great anxiety. As I was approaching my 40 week mark, I had to start having conversations with my doctor about scheduling an induction at 41 weeks. So, we had that on the schedule. But, I really didn't want to have to be induce because of what I hear about how it can extend labor. So, I started to look into ways to naturally induce. Pineapp...

32 weeks...its getting closer!

Art in the back is so representative of this experience. Local DC Artist Officially 8 weeks away! I'm getting more excited everyday just to see this little boy of ours. My pastor continues to remind me that "when a child is born, so is the mother." I am still having a hard time imagining what this means to be someone's mother. Although, I have 'mothered' the cutest little yorkie for 9 years, lol, I only imagine this experience being so much differently.   At this point, I am mostly just tired. Like tired all the time. Like tired and easily annoyed. Like tired and don't want to be bothered. Like tired! LOL. I am looking forward to maternity leave. I am not rushing my delivery, I just want to be at home, cuddled up and eating, lol. My mom got me this 'maternity ball'. It is basically the big ball in any gym/exercise room. OMG, this things works wonders. The lower back pain is something serious. But sitting on this ball and moving around helps...

36 weeks! Officially 9 months preggers!

Photo Taken by Daddy, Edited by Mommy Well what a journey this has been! I would say it doesn't feel like it has been that long, but I would definitely not be telling the truth. LOL. It has been very long, but I am not rushing it. I want him to take the time he needs to be fully developed, strong and ready to go. Photo Taken by Uncle Roy; edited by Mommy At this point, I am about 95% prepared for his arrival. I have taken the hospital visit, birthing classes, crib and baby things are up and organized, bookcase is being constantly filled, interview with pediatricians this week, etc etc. I have to pack my hospital bag, but I am not going to over do it. My main essentials are my wireless speaker because I need some good music bringing life into this world, a candle because I want a nice aroma, and other lady essentials because I don't want to get caught up feeling gross. LOL The body is tired! I am still working however; but the body is tired. It is like my mind can...