As of recently, I believe to have become distant or removed from several
of my friends...friends list. Now, in some cases..as people drift
apart, you become accepting to this natural occurrence. However, when
rifts and disagreements get in between two friends, I believe its only
fair to address it. I understand that I have a hard time not being
liked. So it is very hard for me to just accept the fact that a friend,
no longer wants my friendship (especially with no clear explanation). I
consider myself an overall likable person, yes, I have my issues. And
yes, I know that there are folks out there who just won't like me
because they just don't. However, the fact that I have lost friendship
because of disagreements with no discussion is very hurtful.I pride myself on being a good friend. Being there for people when they need me to be. Being supportive. Making sure that we as friends come together. Over the years, I have remain that friend in many people lives. I am taking it really personally that "Friends" have decided to withdraw themselves from my life with no discussion. It is hurtful! I understand that people grow apart. So just because we have been friends for some time, doesn't mean that we will remain friends for a lifetime. However, I just feel like it's only right to address it. Can I have that much? Can we show that much respect to the friendship that we once had? (or maybe I was disillusioned about the friendship in general)
Maybe I have made some decisions in life that falls below their morale bar; however, can you let a sister know? I am using my blog to address this, to get it off my chest because its really f*cking with my head!! Am I covertly addressing people? Yes, I am. Do I hope that to get a reaction to this? Well, not really...I just need to clear my conscious.
I've made my attempts to reach out and discuss our issues because we're friends right? That's what friends do right? They get mad, talk about it, and move forward..right? Well sometimes I guess. I am heartbroken over the loss, but as with anything time heals all wounds.
Previous Post about Friends
Comments
Post a Comment