Okay, so its not what you think…or maybe it is…but not really..lol
Okay, so I was at the usual reggae spot in Sacramento. I happen to go on a day where they were showcasing underground rap artist. One guy happened to stand out. Following his performance, I walked up too him..show him the normal love that I show people. He had given me his name…then it sounded so familiar..
So maybe it was like 3 weeks prior..I was reading an urban magazine about local artist. And it was the same name ..we’ll call him Neo.
So Neo was in this article, and now I had meet him in person..
(back to the club) I had asked had he recently been featured and he told me. I found that to be so ironic. He explained that he was..then invited me to hang with him at his hotel. So I told my homegirl that I was going to go after we had left.
She was totally against it, but I thought it was fate (LOL).
So I went…we was there alone..we talked for hours about music, art, Locs, East Coast vs West Coast (he was from the East Coast) Then I feel asleep in his arms.
It was so weird. He didn’t even make a move on me (well we made out a little, but that was all). So the next day, I told my girlfriend everything. Him and I corresponded for a little while.
He lived in LA and I happened to be going to LA for a business trip in a few weeks.
Once I got down there, I meet him at his art studio.
He was a bit standoffish and our connection wasn’t as strong.
So once I got back to Sacramento…I called him…and he never returned my call. Anyways, somehow…I happen to do some research. Comes to find out…the clip I was reading in the magazine..was about another artist who had named his album “Neo” and it wasn’t his name!!! I felt like such a clown!! LOL…but it is now a great story..
lol
ReplyDelete