Well scientifically YES!! Because it is composed of cells, plasmas, and a bunch of other scientific jargon!! LOL..But spiritually? Uhh, I beg to differ…now I know this blog may upset a few people..But guess what!! I DON’T CARE!! Its my blog…if you disagree comment and/or create your own!! Lol
So Family…yeah we are born into family. I just started to question this belief “blood is thicker than water”, and this comes out of a few recent confrontations that I have had myself with family. I had to take a step back and dissect this statement. Okay, so family…we are born into. We have no choice of who are mom, sister, cousin, aunt…that is all decided for us at birth. Friends are based on selection…we choose who are friends are. We typically have people around who are reflections of ourselves. They may not be entirely like us, but they do have a trait that we find in common.
Because we have blood relation…does that automatically make us “friend compatible”. NO!! That is how I feel. Because we are family doesn’t mean we automatically like each other. We have to build relationships with family member based on the premise that we are blood related…not due to the fact that I like them…so therefore..some of these relationships are forced. We build relationships with friends, based on commonality..so those relationships come easier.
And if we are talking spiritually (particularly in the Christian Faith) we are all brothers and sisters, so...
“Blood is thicker than water” is only accurate in the field of science!!
“I’M JUST SAYIN”
(this isn't to say that I don't love my family because that would be crazy. I am just trying to show how "friends" aren't really different than "family" just because we don't share the same bloodline)
Blood may be thicker but not more important. I do understand how we can be closer to friends than family we tend to spend more time with friends be more open and honest with friends free to be yourself. I wonder is it because we feel we real don’t have anything to lose after all their not family a question to think about. Our family most of the time will forgive us will look over you missing their birth day; will look over that you act an ass on their wedding day, Will over look that you’re not progressing in life etc... But there is something that ties us together, either way you need your family because even the best families they have they set of problem. I have a friend who is a sister to me, and a sister who is my best friend and another sister who is a stranger. But no relationship survives with one person try to build it and keep it alive if it does fit don’t force it…
ReplyDeletewell said
ReplyDelete