Skip to main content

The Summer Tenderoni


So one summer...I met a guy..we'll call him Maximus (why? because I love Ancient Greek names..lol)

So I was hanging out with some friends of mines; doing the normal bar hopping. My guy friend had told me and my homegirl that he had to meet up with some friends. So we met the friends, and I happen to have met one before (and he had to make known that we had a "session" together in the car; while driving in Oakland). The other guy, Maximus, i was immediately attracted too. He fit my typical "OMG! I think I'm in love" look...brown skin, tall, scruffy beard and locs!! But honestly..I didn't have plans to like get with him..i just thought he was cute. So that night.. we all went to a building in downtown Oakland. He had keys. We went to the rooftop and all enjoyed getting out of our bodies. During this..me and Maximus did a lot of talking to each other.. he made me laugh, like a lot...so I enjoyed that..he left me with a nice feeling

Following that day, I sent Maximus a message on FB. He was a bit surprised that I had found him..but its not hard these days with the World Wide Web!! So anyways, I invited him to happy hour. So we went to happy hour ...then we went to eat, then we went Karaoke!! He enjoyed Karaoke just as much as me!! We even went back to the original building where we originally meet and shared a pretty intimate kiss. I thought at this point we were two peas in a pod!!

For his birthday, I decided to surprise him. I went on my lunch break and took a single rose and left it for him on his desk. Once he got it, he texted me thank you and invited me to his b-day party later that week. But that night, he invited me for drinks with friends..

Ohh, one detail I failed to mention...he was about 2 and a half years younger than me. Now for those who know me...I typically do not date guys my age (normally they are about 10 years or even older). And...when I was younger, I said that I wanted to marry a guy who name begins with a..umm..well for the sake of keeping this person's identity a secret..I wont say, but lets say that his name began with that initial. And I have a thing for fatigue...guys with locs in fatigues...weird, but thats me!! lol! So this guys had all these qualities despite the age...wait back to the story...

So I went to the "drinks with friends gala." Mind you, I was totally nervous. I had called my homegirl, stopped at the store to by mascara..because I had forgot to put it on. Anyways, I go in for drinks, and there was nothing but guys. So, i'm like..okay, thats cool...i'm around guys all the time. I introduced myself and kind of played background. I was taken back by the fact that everyone at the table wasn't even 21. Then further taken back when one of the friends suggested that I buy Maximus a drink...PAUSE

I'm a grown a** woman!! I don't need anyone giving me these kind of suggestions...I know how to treat a person on their birthday!!

Anyways, so his friends...uhh, was a little young for me. Upon leaving the bar..I suggested that we go out. Maximus wasn't really with it; he wanted more of a laid back birthday. So I was like..well I'll grab a bottle and just chill with you guys. Well a night of fun for these guys was going back to the homie's house to play video games. I bought Remy, so I can sit with Maximus and his friends, in his friend's room, and watch them play video games. SO I could only tolerate it for like a half hour!!

I asked Maximus to walk me out. He politely walked me out, and I still try to influence him to ditch his friends and lets go hang out. Maximus didn't take this well, which I now understand. I believe that I was trying to force my agenda on him. But I just couldn't fathom why he would want to play video games instead of hanging out with me. Anyways, I left him with his friends and we said goodbye.

Okay, so the actually birthday party was like 3 days away. The day off...I texted him for the address...HE NEVER REPLIED!! WTF! I knew I was...maybe a bit forward, but did I really deserve to be totally dissed. I was totally embarrassed! I had really put my feelings out there, and was trying to be a very nice girl...but I guess maybe it came off wrong to him. Anyways, til this day..I still don't know what the actually reason was...and because I don't take rejection well...I've just moved on...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

and just like that, I am a Mother!

First day home! And finally the day has come. Magnus Baimarro Barley was born on New Year's Day! What better way to start the new year! Magnus entered this world on January 1, 2019 at 12:13 EST. He weighed 6.36 pounds and measured at 19 3/4 inches. Magnus is literally everything I could never imagine. And this is the story of how he entered the world... Ever since I hit 38 weeks, I became more and more anxious about his arrival. I literally was dreaming about it constantly. I would constantly wake up in the morning hoping my bed was wet from my water breaking. It had seriously become an obsession. Not only an obsession, but also causing great anxiety. As I was approaching my 40 week mark, I had to start having conversations with my doctor about scheduling an induction at 41 weeks. So, we had that on the schedule. But, I really didn't want to have to be induce because of what I hear about how it can extend labor. So, I started to look into ways to naturally induce. Pineapp...

32 weeks...its getting closer!

Art in the back is so representative of this experience. Local DC Artist Officially 8 weeks away! I'm getting more excited everyday just to see this little boy of ours. My pastor continues to remind me that "when a child is born, so is the mother." I am still having a hard time imagining what this means to be someone's mother. Although, I have 'mothered' the cutest little yorkie for 9 years, lol, I only imagine this experience being so much differently.   At this point, I am mostly just tired. Like tired all the time. Like tired and easily annoyed. Like tired and don't want to be bothered. Like tired! LOL. I am looking forward to maternity leave. I am not rushing my delivery, I just want to be at home, cuddled up and eating, lol. My mom got me this 'maternity ball'. It is basically the big ball in any gym/exercise room. OMG, this things works wonders. The lower back pain is something serious. But sitting on this ball and moving around helps...

36 weeks! Officially 9 months preggers!

Photo Taken by Daddy, Edited by Mommy Well what a journey this has been! I would say it doesn't feel like it has been that long, but I would definitely not be telling the truth. LOL. It has been very long, but I am not rushing it. I want him to take the time he needs to be fully developed, strong and ready to go. Photo Taken by Uncle Roy; edited by Mommy At this point, I am about 95% prepared for his arrival. I have taken the hospital visit, birthing classes, crib and baby things are up and organized, bookcase is being constantly filled, interview with pediatricians this week, etc etc. I have to pack my hospital bag, but I am not going to over do it. My main essentials are my wireless speaker because I need some good music bringing life into this world, a candle because I want a nice aroma, and other lady essentials because I don't want to get caught up feeling gross. LOL The body is tired! I am still working however; but the body is tired. It is like my mind can...