
Uhh, Please don't take offense...I have to make a disclaimer..because I don't want people attacking me..lol, honestly I don't really care...CUZ I SAY WHAT I WANT!! #1 in the Constitution..."Freedom of Speech" and I effing love it...ohh, tangent...let me get back to the topic.
The Missing Asian. Interesting title, huh? All around me, I've been seeing Asian women with white guys? What's that about? I heard something about white men have some sort of fascination with Asian women because of their "traditional" submissive behavior. They are infatuated by the Asian women "exotic" features.
Anyways...all of these Asian women are having mix children...then their children date white men...and so on and so on...I suppose I shouldn't generalized Asian. I am specifically talking about the Chinese and Vietnamese communities. And predominately 1st generation (ABC..yeah I know my Asian slang, lol, American Born Chinese). I am not of Asian descent, and never took an Asian American Studies Class...so I am not too sure why this has become the case. But I do have a theory...
While in school I noticed that the Chinese and Vietnamese students were not as heavily active in cultural activities. During Asian pride week...you mostly seen Filipinos or Hmong people who were involved. It seemed as if Chinese and Vietnamese students did not associate themselves with the underrepresented communities. I understand as an immigrant most Asian people come to America to get a better life. They come to America and really tried to adjust to what it means to be American. Maybe some cultural things get lost in this transition? Maybe having mix babies or dating white men...will make you more American-like? I am not sure...I am not an expert on this...I can only go from what I see..
Comments
Post a Comment