Skip to main content

Baby on Board! #12weeks

OMG! Something pretty unbelievable has happened.....I am pregnant! It is like a whirlwind of emotions. But I am excited to finally let people know. The longest 12 weeks ever!

What a way to get me back blogging more regularly. I would love to share my experience, not only for public consumption, but mostly for the baby to view one day (after learning how to read at a very early age of course ;). Also, it will be good for me, so that I can remember, cherish and reflect on the journey.

Sooooo......the first 12 weeks!

How did I find out? Well, let's just say this...it was no accident. My boyfriend and I had decided that we would start to try. So, I got rid of my last packs of birth control pills, downloaded an app called "Flo" which tracks your ovulation and ordered an ovulation kit (March 2018). Well, we never got to use the ovulation kit because the app worked pretty well. I was a bit nervous about this "getting pregnant" situation because since I have been sexually active, I had never been pregnant. I was a bit worried that maybe I could not get pregnant. These thoughts had no basis. BECAUSE I had done everything I could do thus far, not to get pregnant. So literally, we did what we had to do especially during those days that the app suggested. Fast forward to when my next period was suppose to come (May 2018). Literally I was 1 day late, and I just knew I had to check (I had been on birth control since forever, so I am regular lol
). I took out one of the at-home dip sticks test we had and went at it. Immediately, I seen the two lines. I'm like "what the heck am I reading?" LOL. So, I called my boyfriend and needed him home fast. I show him, and he casually says "What Raven, you're pregnant." Ohh so nonchalantly. I'm over here freaking, and he is like "yea okay, isn't that what you wanted?" LOL. So, I took it again, and we had the same results. But, I was still in disbelief. I needed a blood verification. Immediately, the next day, I went to the urgent care and took the blood test. So, I take the poke, and the doctor says "well it will just be 20 minutes". I am thinking it was going to take like a day, but no I was going to get my confirmation there. So she comes in like "Congratulations." And my mouth just dropped, and she started to get into estimated due dates. I am crying and just trying to take it all in. This had me officially BLOWN!!!


So, over the last few weeks, I have had several doctor appointments. I have been experiencing mostly your normal pregnancy 1st trimester symptoms. Talk about exhaustion. Like, it is not human to go to sleep for 12-13 hours, and get up to go to work, and then have to take a 20 minute nap before going into work. It was madness, Morning sickness? Never heard of it! It should be called "all day sickness." I was so nauseous, and my equilibrium was just so off. I was convinced, I was experience a serious case of "body snatchers." 

Cheese, cheese, cheese, somebody just give me cheese! This whole cravings things is serious. It had me eating like a disrespectful toddler. Because my appetite had been all over the place, I had no inspiration to cook (sorry Marvelous). Just within the last week, I have been feeling like a grown-up again. I have regain my energy and started to cook again (slowly). 

Bloated and constipation. I'll just stop there, but yes, it is real!

How did I break the news? Well, I took the flick above and texted it to all my loved ones. I thank God for everyone's positive response. Ya know, it is not the easiest thing starting a family thousands away from your loved ones, but I want to send a special thank you to my boyfriend, Marvelous, he has been very supportive. Even when my mood swings are horrible, he has managed to keep a cool attitude (mostly) and is willing to do whatever it takes to make sure I am okay. I'll love him forever for that. 

Today was the first day I seen my little fufu-nugget (that's what I am calling the current invader lol) looking like a human being. It's an active little nugget. Stretching its arms and legs, swimming around in there. The medical assistant noted "this is a good baby, normally they aren't so cooperative while I am trying to do this test." I'd like to say, sounds like my child already :)

I want to end by truly thanking God and giving him the Glory for blessing us to bring another life into this world. I look forward in helping to guide this child to live out God's purpose. 

AMEN!!!

Comments

  1. Congratulations Raven!! You young folks are making me feel old..😂 Blessings to you and yours. Love you! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am supper excited to be a grandmother. We have been talking about you before your conception. Come take your set in this world and make it more beautiful in love and in peace. I am sure we will be learning for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very happy for you Raven. When you are the one having a baby, it doesn't feel like it's ever been done before. Everything is new and exciting and just super special. Enjoy all of the miracle of making a life and becoming a mother.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

and just like that, I am a Mother!

First day home! And finally the day has come. Magnus Baimarro Barley was born on New Year's Day! What better way to start the new year! Magnus entered this world on January 1, 2019 at 12:13 EST. He weighed 6.36 pounds and measured at 19 3/4 inches. Magnus is literally everything I could never imagine. And this is the story of how he entered the world... Ever since I hit 38 weeks, I became more and more anxious about his arrival. I literally was dreaming about it constantly. I would constantly wake up in the morning hoping my bed was wet from my water breaking. It had seriously become an obsession. Not only an obsession, but also causing great anxiety. As I was approaching my 40 week mark, I had to start having conversations with my doctor about scheduling an induction at 41 weeks. So, we had that on the schedule. But, I really didn't want to have to be induce because of what I hear about how it can extend labor. So, I started to look into ways to naturally induce. Pineapp...

32 weeks...its getting closer!

Art in the back is so representative of this experience. Local DC Artist Officially 8 weeks away! I'm getting more excited everyday just to see this little boy of ours. My pastor continues to remind me that "when a child is born, so is the mother." I am still having a hard time imagining what this means to be someone's mother. Although, I have 'mothered' the cutest little yorkie for 9 years, lol, I only imagine this experience being so much differently.   At this point, I am mostly just tired. Like tired all the time. Like tired and easily annoyed. Like tired and don't want to be bothered. Like tired! LOL. I am looking forward to maternity leave. I am not rushing my delivery, I just want to be at home, cuddled up and eating, lol. My mom got me this 'maternity ball'. It is basically the big ball in any gym/exercise room. OMG, this things works wonders. The lower back pain is something serious. But sitting on this ball and moving around helps...

36 weeks! Officially 9 months preggers!

Photo Taken by Daddy, Edited by Mommy Well what a journey this has been! I would say it doesn't feel like it has been that long, but I would definitely not be telling the truth. LOL. It has been very long, but I am not rushing it. I want him to take the time he needs to be fully developed, strong and ready to go. Photo Taken by Uncle Roy; edited by Mommy At this point, I am about 95% prepared for his arrival. I have taken the hospital visit, birthing classes, crib and baby things are up and organized, bookcase is being constantly filled, interview with pediatricians this week, etc etc. I have to pack my hospital bag, but I am not going to over do it. My main essentials are my wireless speaker because I need some good music bringing life into this world, a candle because I want a nice aroma, and other lady essentials because I don't want to get caught up feeling gross. LOL The body is tired! I am still working however; but the body is tired. It is like my mind can...