Do you ever feel like sometimes you don’t love yourself to
your maximum potential? Well, I know I do.
I go through some ups and some downs.
However, sometimes when I am experiencing my downs, I allow it to get me
down. I have been working through my depression
for about 2 years now. When I made the
transition to the East Coast, I was still doing things to stay focused and
balanced. However, once I started
working, it sort of distracted my purpose.
What is my purpose? Well I know right now, my purpose is to live a
peaceful human experience. I want to
work to find balance in my life. One
thing I know is that I cannot run from the “down” moments. I have to find the strength and endurance
inside of myself to properly handle those moments. I have recommitted myself to focus on my
overall health and well-being. To
reconnect myself to my spirit. To lead
with love. To judge less. To appreciate all walks of life; however, more
importantly to become solid in my walk.
Last week, my mom decided to pay me a visit. That is what great moms do. They see their children going through
distress and they want to come to their rescue.
I just want to take a moment to appreciate my mom for being that way. During her visit, I was able to re-start some
things that I know provide balance: meditation, exercise, and good eating. My mom recently shared with me a YouTube
video by a guy named Preston Smiles. I
am not sure if Smiles is his real last name lol; however, that is exactly what
he exudes. I instantly was captivated
and wanted to marry him lol. However, my mom instantly told me he was already
taken. Good for her! Anyways, she ordered me his book “Love Louder: 33 Ways To
Amplify Your Life.” Yea, some may say..ohh just another self help book. Well sometimes it is good to be reminded
about things that we may already know, but may not put into practice, as it is
needed.
I enjoyed the fact that the book was a quick read. It was also a great refresher to a lot of
things I have learned over the years.
Like loving yourself. Taking time
to truly love you. You must understand
self and be whole in order to give yourself to others. The importance of forgiveness. This is so important. We walk around here mad
or holding onto anger that we may have to others or ourselves. Who does it help? NO ONE! The power of
gratitude. Showing appreciation for all that is around us. Taking full advantage of every step in your
journey. Sometimes we are so rushed and hurried to get to the finish line, we
are blind to our journey. Preston talks
about how important this is even on our journey for love. I know I am so hell bent on finding the
“one”; sometimes I am not giving my all to all those in between. What type of
practice for the “one” is that? LOL. Making positive thoughts versus dwelling
on the negative ones. Boy, I have
definitely learned that it is so much easier to think negatively than
positively. Preston concludes the book
with this mantra “I will work for it more than I hope for it.”
Growth. Consciousness. Well being. Balance. Peace. All of these things can be aspired Raven once
you practice them everyday. As we would
say in the Bay “all gas, no breaks.”
I am excited for my recommitment. I will not beat myself up
if I journey off the path. I will show more appreciation for the changes I
make. I will reinforce positivity in my daily life.
Comments
Post a Comment