
So I feel like we have been socialized to prepare for the worst. And i am not sure why. Well, I guess it can come in handy when you are talking about practical things such as school, career, finances. Maybe that is the case. It is good to have a Plan A, B, C. However can you prepare for the worst when it comes to love and happiness?
In love and happiness, preparing for the worst...is prepping yourself for a heartbreak. I think if I spent my time occupying my mind with the "would ifs" and if all those "would ifs" are negative; I will drive myself crazy. I also believe that in the process of preparing for the worst; you make your mind believe or come up with things. You also start to do things unlike yourself. If you are trying to enjoy an experience with another individual, and all you can think about is the negative "would ifs", then you may push yourself away.
I am working on living in the moment. Trying to withstand the things that are outside of my control. It is very hard. If you really know me...than you know, i like things my way!! LOL However, I am growing to releasing that attitude and allowing myself to just be. Sometimes, you have to be vulnerable to show strength (words from dear friends). Just a rant, hope it makes sense.
WWJD??
Comments
Post a Comment