
This is the life long question: why do good girls date bad guys?
[Random: I was in the line for traffic court and there was a very "colorful"woman standing in front of me. Colorful meaning she was loud and obnoxious. lol But anyways, she made a valid point: "Why our baby daddy's are no good, but are man is"]
Anyways, I don't have a baby daddy (and I hope not to never refer to the father of my children as such) but i understand her point. I know I have definitely fallen for the rough on the edges kind. Someone who if I was to write down our behavioral characteristics they just wouldn't align.
Possessive
Selfish
Cocky
Hood (in one way or another)
So why do we feel the need to filter through the bad ones, and even some of us decide to have our children with them. Then when the good one comes along..we kind of don't know how to respond. It is as if we do not feel deserving. So why don't we? Some level of insecurity there.
Speaking for myself. I know I have been with the "good guy." It took me a while to warm up to him, but it happen. And when it did..I loved it!! So I gave him all of me. He deserved it!! Then...it went south!! And again, I was hurt!! SO what did i do...revert to what I had conditioned myself to: the bad guy. I guess he made me feel like he was "down" for me. Its like you always know everything about the bad guy. He has no problem reveling himself to you. It kind of goes with the cocky attitude "take me as I am...or STEP." Maybe that is why he seems more inviting.
Well I don't really have an answer for this...but its just a thought
But what i do have to say...I don't want to be that girl!! I don't want to have to continue wasting my time dealing with the bad guy because he appears to be all good. Because then I will let the good one go away, and it seems like a lifetime before they come back around.
Comments
Post a Comment