
YES!! I am 23 and with out a little package. Today that is a hug accomplishment.
Now that I am back in Oakland, I see how many people that I grew up with that have kids. It has become so widespread that this is the norm. When guys approach me and express interest...they always ask if I have kids. I look at them like "naw, and why would you think that". However, it is so popular out here that I can see why. Sh*t, guys probably are starting to ask girls this as freshmen in high school. I see a lot of girls that use to come to the recreation center where I worked have kids or are expecting. I know people that I went to high school with who have kids that are preparing for kindergarten, and some are working on their second and third child.
Ya know, it is everyone personal decision about when they want to start a family. This is not meant to offend or diss anyone who has made that decision. All I know is that I am not ready. I believe that when you have a child you now have to put someone needs before your self. You have to be financially, mentally prepared to do this. I am in no shape to even start that kind of thought process. I am trying to get where I need to be in order to ensure a quality future for my future family.
There is a lot of things that has to be thought about when you have a child. I'm just not ready to think about all those things because I am still thinking about furthuring education and my purpose in this world!!
It just seems like teens are doing a lot of humping and unprotected humping at that!!
I'M JUST SAYING!!
Yeah, and what's perhaps more important is that both you and your partner are ready physically,mentally, and financially. I think that far too often, people are both ready to "hump" unprotected, but both (and sadly, its usually us men) who are not ready for the responsibilities that comes with "humping"..
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you on this one and I've noticed the same thing about how all of my old high school friends have kids. The thing that I wonder about is whether they were just being irresponsible and not using protection, or whether they actually thought that they were ready to start a family.
ReplyDelete-Janay